Apply for support from the Great British Insulation Scheme

You may be able to get free or cheaper insulation to reduce your home’s energy bills.

You might get support if your home:

You can be a homeowner, landlord or tenant (either renting privately or from a housing association). If you’re a tenant, speak to your landlord before you apply. You’ll need their permission before any insulation can be installed.

Use the online checker at to determine eligibility. The tool will ask a series of questions – including how you heat your home, whether your home has solid or cavity walls, and if you are receiving any benefits.